Wednesday, January 27, 2016

QL ☛ Review La Diva Nicotina: The Story of How Tobacco Seduced the World RTF by Iain Gately Kindle ePUB free

La Diva Nicotina: The Story of How Tobacco Seduced the World This text traces the development of tobacco and smoking, from ritual refreshme. Through wars, changing fashions, industrialization, anti-smoking campaigns, and the subject of advertising and sponsorship, tobacco has played a prominent part

TITLE:La Diva Nicotina: The Story of How Tobacco Seduced the World
AUTHOR:Iain Gately
RATING:4.87 (307 Votes)
ASIN:0743208137
FORMAT TYPE:Paperback
NUMBER of PAGES:416 Pages
PUBLISH DATE:2002-09-02
GENRE:

La Diva Nicotina: The Story of How Tobacco Seduced the World

La Diva Nicotina: The Story of How Tobacco Seduced the World

When, in 1492, Christopher Columbus landed on a small island he believed to be China, he was met by representatives of the local tribe who offered him gifts of bread, fruit and dried leaves. He threw the leaves into the sea, but Columbus and his crew did not remain ignorant of these leaves'powers or purpose for long. In Africa tobacco was received as spiritual inspiration, the French effused over its beneficial properties, while those "Reeking Gallants" of England and Elizabethan society set about advertising it as the perfect medicine, capable of curing a number of illnesses, and so the "weed" made its way into the palaces of Europe. Through wars, changing fashions, industrialization, anti-smoking campaigns, and the subject of advertising and sponsorship, tobacco has played a prominent part in global culture. This text traces the development of tobacco and smoking, from ritual refreshme

EDITORIAL :

About the Author IAIN GATELY was born in 1963 and was brought up in Hong Kong. He studied law at Magdalene College Cambridge before working for five years in corporate finance. His first novel, THE ASSESSOR, attracted praise from THE TIMES for 'writing of the highest quality'.

REVIEW :

Wright’s journey back to self, the self God gave her. I give this a very enthusiastic 5 stars and will be telling anyone and everyone who listens to me to give it a read, they will NOT be disappointed!. I don' like it to end as its like saying goodbye to good friends I've met.
I am looking forward to new books and stories by this wonderful writer, Peggy Henderson.
If you like the western outdoors, adventure, excitement and historical romance, then read the Yellowstone series. when I have been unable to lose more than a pound here and there, suddenly, I'm having losses of 3 to 6 pounds per week!

I used to be anemic, fighting to get enough iron, but constantly being turned down by blood banks when I tried to donate. Always cool, level headed, loyal, steadfastand oh so fine looking! He may only be human, but he is tall, built and gorgeous. The reality of addiction

No comments:

Post a Comment