Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Read ⏩ Fail U.: The False Promise of Higher Education PDF by Charles J. Sykes eBook or Kindle ePUB Online

Fail U.: The False Promise of Higher Education offers. Many college graduates under twenty-five years old are unemployed or underemployed.3 trillion. Sykes attempts to answer in Fail U.The cost of a college degree has increased by 1,125% since 1978four times the rate of inflatio

TITLE:Fail U.: The False Promise of Higher Education
AUTHOR:Charles J. Sykes
RATING:4.75 (307 Votes)
ASIN:1250071593
FORMAT TYPE:Hardcover
NUMBER of PAGES:288 Pages
PUBLISH DATE:2016-08-09
GENRE:

Fail U.: The False Promise of Higher Education

Fail U.: The False Promise of Higher Education

The cost of a college degree has increased by 1,125% since 1978four times the rate of inflation. Total student debt has surpassed $1.3 trillion. Nearly two thirds of all college students must borrow to study, and the average student graduates with more than $30,000 in debt. Many college graduates under twenty-five years old are unemployed or underemployed. And professorsremember them?rarely teach undergraduates at many major universities, instead handing off their lecture halls to cheaper teaching assistants.So, is it worth it? That’s the question Charles J. Sykes attempts to answer in Fail U., exploring the staggering costs of a college education, the sharp decline in tenured faculty and teaching loads, the explosion of administrative jobs, the grandiose building plans, and the utter lack of preparedness for the real world that many now graduates face. Fail U. offers

EDITORIAL :

"With telling statistics and piquant anecdotesFail U. is certain to stimulate a much-needed debate." --Booklist

"This is a book for our times and one of its most vexing problems."--Jack Fowler, Publisher, National Review

Fail U. stirs the higher education pot at a timely moment, raising a number of important issues for consideration by both academics and the general public.” –New York Journal of Books

REVIEW :

That, above all, is the true worth of this book.. I'm currently looking for a better reference(s) in order to prepare for the retest. This book explains how Binaries work and gives you specific strategies that can be traded. 23)

He asserts, “The writers of Scripture do emphasize the thoroughness of Sodom’s destruction. I also don't have time for a book that tells me things I know deep down are not true. This book and its companion book "Intermediate Chinese" are very instructive for serious students of the Mandarin Chinese language. I would have liked to see Branca discuss this more and come to terms with it. However, I can assert that Carter has substantially increased my understanding of a pathology which (as previously noted) I had personally experienced but could not explain. I have no musical talent, but love to worship. This volume, while focusing on the Mixe

No comments:

Post a Comment